In this tutorials you will learn how to create U bracket sheetmetal.
1. Click New.
2. Click Front Plane and click on Sketch.
Sketch U shape. Dimension sketch with Smart Dimension
3. Click Off
Set Entities and click U sketch. Set offset distance
Check Reverse box and OK.
4. Use Line, sketch and connected open end of this sketch and make it close both end.
5. Click Features>Extruded Boss/Base
Set D1 and OK.
6. Click View>Bottom
Click on bottom face and click Sketch.
7. Click Circle and sketch 2 circle on bottom face each side.
Use Smart Dimension to dimension this sketch as sketched below.
8. Click Features>Extruded Cutand cut Through All this circle.
9. Click View>Isometric.
10. Click Fillet, check box Full round fillet.
11. Click side left side face as Side Face 1.
12. Click on purple box and click center face as Center Face Set.
13. Click on pink box and click right side face as Side Face Set2 and OK.
14. Repeat step 11 – 13 for the other side.
15. Repeat step 11 – 13 for inner face and outer face of U bracket.
16. Click Sheetmetal>Insert Bends
Click flat face as reference when it flatten.
Set bend radius and K factor and OK.
17. Your simple sheetmetal bend is ready. Look at part tree.
18. To view this part in flatten form click Sheetmetal>Flatten.